Thursday 3 October 2013

Master Studies

This is my first go at Master Studies. The original work is from Samuel John Peploe, a Scottish Post- Impressionist Painter. This piece of art is called  Iona Landscape: Rocks. Observing the colours of his work, I tried my own version of it. I found it a challenge to match the colours because when I thought it was a shade of blue, it was actually a tinge of purple in it. When painting, I find myself using mostly 2 colours from the colour wheel that are complementary to each other.

6 comments:

  1. A very nice master study, you've broken it down into its main colours well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danny but there's always room for improvement :)

      Delete
  2. Great master study Ayunie, exactly as they should be. Colours are really well replicated and the forms are solid...looking forward to seeing things develop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan! It was a little daunting to start working on this because I didn't want to make a master piece look bad. But once I started, my wrist loosened up a little and I am happy with the outcome though I think it can further be improved :)

      Delete
    2. I think that's actually a really important aspect of any painting, whether digital or traditional. You have to forget you are using a Wacom tablet or Photoshop and relax so that you are simply thinking about the process of painting. Really looking forward to seeing more

      Delete