Thursday 14 November 2013

Life Drawing Lesson 3

In today's life drawing class, our model was a guy. I feel that I am slowly getting the hang of drawing the figures more freely and more relaxed.

We kicked off with drawing 3 poses at 5 minutes each. In this warm up exercise, I concentrated on the outlines of the figure before filling in with details.


We were given roughly 25 minutes in our next exercise to draw out subject using continuous lines. Not only was I able to capture the figure but also the environment he was in.


The following exercise was to draw our subject with any medium we wanted so I chose charcoal again as it makes me feel less pressured to get the details in. I tried using negative space to come up with this drawing but wasn't much a success. Getting the lights and darks of the subject was also a challenge that I wish to overcome in the next drawing class.


The final exercise for the lesson was to capture the subject in 5 of 1 minute positions. I don't quite like the final result of this in comparison to the female subject because I couldn't capture much but there's always room for improvement.


No comments:

Post a Comment