Sunday 29 September 2013

Cinematic Spaces: Metropole Thumbnails (17-28)

I see improvement after comparing this set of sketches to my first one. I am getting comfortable using different brushes and changing their properties as I work on it. I've also used different perspectives in my sketches. I see myself progressing which is definitely great and I hope by completing all the thumbnails needed for this project, I'll be more confident and comfortable in doing thumbnail sketches for future projects.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Ayunie :) Some striking, perspectival thumbnails here - liking 18 and 22. You might want to look at some of the artists associated with Futurism, as the Futurists were big fans of modernity and the city, and they tried to convey the 'energy' and the agitation of that experience by creating images of movement and speed - a bit like Cubism on the move: for some examples, consider:

    http://img.timeinc.net/time/asia/magazine/2009/0608/360_tga_art_0608.jpg

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-P-7olb8fcSI/T0zMY7dlUvI/AAAAAAAAAvU/R3p5WgC9VrU/s640/giacomo_balla_speed_of_a_motorcycle.jpg

    http://blog.indigolinestudio.com/files/2011/04/ts.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil. my next few thumbnails, I shall try combining a few elements of the scene and be abstract! Not sure of how I'll do it, but I am going to experiment with it! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Ayunie, I'm liking how you've followed your own style for your thumbnails. I particularly like 17 as the camera angle emphasizes the sheer scale of the structure, 27 for your use of realistic foreshortening on the train, I also like how you've kept the human and animal figures simplified yet noticeable and rightly focused the eye on the environment design :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Danny! Thanks for the feedback! I guess I was just experimenting with angles and perspectives because to have it frontal flat design would've been boring.

      Delete