Wednesday 25 February 2015

Adaptation B: Character Design Development 03 (Understanding The Character's Shape/Volume)

As I struggle to understand how my character would be like and after talking to Alan about it, he showed how to draw from the very basics. I started of with the head and eventually working the body shape. I now find it easier to draw my character in a 3/4 view as it helps me understand the volume of it. I will continue working on the shapes, always keeping in mind the basics Disney/Mesopotamian Alphabet shapes. 



2 comments:

  1. great to see you taking the time to drill into these basics, Ayunie - no more 'mash potato' people :) Good stuff - keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so the next step it to consider proportion and scale...eg the distance between parts...head to pelvis, pelvis to feet. Then the scale of the head in relation to the body.

    For example...

    https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8b6e6b8d5c6773769c9e

    ReplyDelete